• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Impatient

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CaptC

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? KENTUCKY

As Administrator of my parent’s estate I wish to purchase several sentimental items. I have written permission (notarized) from my only sister, (who has waived her fiduciary rights), to purchase from the estate with 2 estimates of value, as long as I deposit the money into the estate account. I have asked my attorney to present this to the Court/Judge to prevent any possible objections from anyone, including her children/immediate heirs, as they will likely receive her portion of the estate.

My attorney continually states that this is unnecessary, as it would cost anyone considerably more in legal fees than they would gain monetarily from the items to be purchased.

I have waited for 3 weeks for his secretary to schedule me a court appearance and now, my attorney is now on vacation for 3 weeks and his assistant is also unavailable for an extended amount of time. :mad: I know it is possible to contact the Circuit Court Clerk’s office and schedule myself a court date to present the notarized permission, and have it included in the probate file. Is this advisable? Will I need my attorney present? If so what role would he play?

I could have initiated/handled the entire probate case by myself as my attorney had little to do with the entire thing except for having his secretary type the forms and contact the Clerk’s office for a court date.

If I appear before the Judge in court what exactly do I ask for… :confused:

Thank you
CaptC :)

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

"If I appear before the Judge in court what exactly do I ask for…"

The judge will not entertain any motions from you without your attorney.

Either get this lawyer on the stick or get another one.

You choose....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">