• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Implied Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ktroxel

What is the name of your state? Washington

I need to know where to find the law, code or ?? about implied contracts. I want to know if a company accepts payments of, say $50/month and this has been going on 10 months, does this follow the "implied contract" rule (i.e. since the payments were accepted, it would imply that a payment schedule of $50/month is agreeable)

Thanks

T

totallybroke

The company most likely will accept payments, you very seldom hear of them sending them back. This in no way obligates them to that payment. You are still obligated to the original terms and just because you sent a payment of $50 for 10 months and they accepted it, they still can continue collection activity on the account. You are in default of the original terms of the agreement and they can persue you to the extent of the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">