• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Important child support question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My child's father is getting $817 a month in disability income. I am working full time with and income of about $1166 a month. With daycare costs and medical insurance, I am at minus $68 every month without child support. The current order is for $366 a month. My child's father claims that it is state law that they have to leave him with $550 month for living expenses. That means reducing the order to $267 a month. That would leave me with only $ 189 a month to live on.
How is this fair? He's not working and "claims" he can't work. We are scheduled to go to a masters hearing in March. Is there anything I can do to get more than $267 a month? Shouldn't I be allowed a certain amount of living expenses like him?
Thanks for the help and advice! :)



What kind of disability? Does he see the child? Is his $550 supposed to cover his sheltering and such as well?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential