• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In-laws have taken my wife away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
May I ask how old the children are?
Agreed. I also wonder if PPD could be an issue (would not surprise me after 8 kids) as well as what sort of help she has. Does she work? Or are the kids her job?

LdiJ

Agreed. I also wonder if PPD could be an issue (would not surprise me after 8 kids) as well as what sort of help she has. Does she work? Or are the kids her job?
She would have to have a really high paying job to justify daycare/after school care for 8 children.

LdiJ

If we leave the state now would it be cause for a criminal arrest if we took our children to another state?
You and your wife together could make the decision to move to another state with your children. There certainly would be nothing "criminal" involved with that, nor nothing civil either.

However you could not unilaterally move your children to another state without your wife's agreement or the blessing of the courts, without potential reprisals. If you move JUST your children to another state, to live with a non-parent, then you risk even more.

I wish you would explain a little more about what it is the grandparents are attempting to do. Its really difficult to give you good advice in such a vaccumn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential