• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In Limbo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kidoday

What is the name of your state? MI
On July 19, the court awared temporary shared custody as the parties could agree until further investigation could be completed by the FOC. The judge believed that the FOC could get the investigation handled prior to the start of the school year. Well of course not, my stbx's attorney of course played the stall tactic and did not refer the order back to the FOC.

Here is where I am in limbo. I offered my stbx eow summer visitation, and Wednesday - Sunday eow and one night a week for dinner through the school year until the decision was made. I found out, through the girls, that he does not have any intention of changing the summer visitation.

My biggest concern is that my oldest is ADD and it was hard enough for both of us in the same household to keep track of her schedule and homework. I believe she should start the school week at the same house. Organization and schedules are important to ADD, ADHD children and I do not want to upset her schedule anymore than I have to. With the summer visitation schedule he would normally pick them up this Sunday. Is my not allowing them to start the week and start of the new school yar with him, but allowing him to have the girls on Wednesday going to make me appear to be unagreeable and controlling? I also know that if I put my foot down on Sunday evening he will turn around and do the same. My only solace is that next Monday will not be the first day of school and I can have them back by Monday evening.

Any suggestions?

W

WCC

hi there..i don't know much about the whole court thing but my step daughter is adhd and a routine is the only thing that holds her together. if anything unexpected comes up, it's a mess. can't you get a doc to help by writing a statement about her needs as add? just wondering.

kidoday

Never thought of that actually. Not only her doctor would attest, but so would her 4th grade teacher who happens to be adhd.

Thanks.

Just to add I am not trying to keep the girls from him. The door is always open whenever he wants to see them. But since our daughter struggles at times in school, (and not always honest about homework), the eow schedule is not going to work with two parents that can not seem to agree on what color the sky is. I don't want her to fall behind.

W

WCC

alot of ncp's fail to realize that not everything is about them. i am not trying to sound biased, i am a cp and my hubby is ncp. we wouldn't dream of trying to override what's best for child with our own selfish demands. maybe you should pull some case studies and research docs about add and send it certified to daddy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">