• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In MO. After 10 yrs, paternity established, CS being paid, still have not met child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My husband and I live in Missouri. But court procedings took place in Phoenix, Arizona. Where mother and child are presumed to live. Three years ago he found out he had a 10 year old daughter. He went through the paternity testing to establish paternity. His wife at the time "didn't like the idea". So he has no papers showing anything, paternity, court records, etc. He is paying child support, but still has no way of finding out where the child is and how to have contact with her. He has tried to get the info through the lawyers, but they say they can't give it out. How does he go about finding his child and being able to have a relationship with her. She is now 13, and time is slipping by. I have two children, a daughter the same age as his, a son two years younger, and he is a wonderful father who deserves to be able to be a part of his childs life. Any help on this matter would be grately appreciated.


Senior Member
sounds like AZ has jurisdiction - does he happen to remember the county or courthouse where the CS was handled?

CS and custody/visitation are seperate issues - establishment of the CS order does not guarantee visitation. he will need to file a motion for visitation to be established. he needs to do that in AZ since they have the jurisdiction.

you will need a last known address or contact infromation for the mom. if you do not have one - they have a procedure to follow for notification. it usually deals with running ads in the newspapers. there should be contact information on file since she received her CS check through the courts. they have to send it somewhere.

you will need an AZ lawyer. he should be able to help you with the contact stuff. unless you are going to attempt to handle it on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential