• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

in need of some advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gcw1995

What is the name of your state? North Carolina. :(
I had to leave my auto body repair job due to health problems. My Employer does everything in the book of breaking enviromental laws. He doesn't care about the laws and the well being of his employees. I decided to call the state labor board and our local health department to go check them out. They both found many violations in the shop and slammed them with many fines. The owner knows it was me that did it. I no longer work there anyway. The method of my contacting the state labor department and the health department was through an email. The owner of the body shop says he had the two different departments fax the original emails back to the shop so he can find out who did it. Now he claims to me that he talking with his lawyers to try and figure a way to get me on something. The thing about all of this is that it's true what he did. Any thoughts would be gretly appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

Beth3

How do you know that the State DOL and health department sent him copies of your emails?

Now he claims to me that he talking with his lawyers to try and figure a way to get me on something. Like what? If there's nothing to "get" you on, then I'm sure that's what his lawyers will tell him.

longneck

in general, an individual may not profit from illegal activity using the courts. so, logically, he can't sue you for damages caused by his own illegal actions.

now let's say the shop actually was compliant and the only person not following the laws was you, then yes, he could potentially go after you for damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">