• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inaccurate Credit Information - Dispute Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark1210

What is the name of your state? TX

In December I traded my Mustang GT off for a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, during that time payoff and all of those items were discussed and acted upon as per the sales draft. Fast forward to March 2005, while attempting to apply for a personal loan I was informed that I am nearly 120 days past due on my old car and that I had a spouse listed. All three reports indicate this same thing and of course I can only imagine the decline in my score. Needless to say I was declined the loan.

I contacted the bank I use to use for the car, and they indicated the received the payoff and I owe a 0 balance. I questioned why they reported the negative information to the bureaus and they were unsure. I had the bank's loan manager fax me a letter indicating I had a 0 balance and that I paid on time consistently. I attempted to fax this to the bureaus and they would not accept it. The bureaus performed their own investigation and they are being told that the bank said its legit. The incorrect spouse information was removed without question. In the mean time I cannot apply for another loan. What should I do? How big of a mark is this against my FICO score?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">