• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inappropriate statements fromanager or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

It could be. But then so could many insults. One of the worst and yet very common examples is the MF phrase but I have never heard of a court the use of that phrase to be guilty of defamation.
What LONDONDERRY described last year could have been considered defamation. And the manager's comments were affecting LONDONDERRY's reputation among coworkers in a demonstrable way.

That said, the situation at his workplace seems to have improved a bit since last June - although there is obviously room for more improvement.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As far as we know at the moment, the comments have only been made directly to the OP. That's not defamation or discrimination no matter how you cut it.

quincy

As far as we know at the moment, the comments have only been made directly to the OP. That's not defamation or discrimination no matter how you cut it.
Last year they were made in front of coworkers. I agree that it appears the comments are just made to him alone now - at least LONDONDERRY has not indicated otherwise.

Sponsored Ad