• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Income Deduction Order/Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tableforfive

What is the name of your state?
Florida.
CS/IDO started 2004. Ex's CS gets taken from paycheck. My Husband just adopted first child (adult-before he graduated) and second child will be 18 in six months. CS still being sent to me for both kids-including the child that was adopted. My lawyer says he has to file a petition to modify the CS and probably won't since he makes substantially more since 2004.

Should I be the one filing the modification?

LdiJ

Florida.
CS/IDO started 2004. Ex's CS gets taken from paycheck. My Husband just adopted first child (adult-before he graduated) and second child will be 18 in six months. CS still being sent to me for both kids-including the child that was adopted. My lawyer says he has to file a petition to modify the CS and probably won't since he makes substantially more since 2004.

Probably not. Your child is going to be 18 in six months...although child support does go through high school graduation if the child is still in school and under 19.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Florida.

Your husband adopted the child and quite frankly, YOU should have stopped support on the first child when that happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">