• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Income Execution Received

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


What is the name of your state? New York

I received from the local sheriff's office a copy of an income execution for a person with the same name as an employee in my company, except the social security number on the income execution is not the same as my employee's.

The letter from the sheriff said to contact the attorney for the judgement creditor with any questions. I called and faxed them that the person listed on the income execution is not the same person as my employee. They said they would "take care of it."

Do I need to do anything further?


Senior Member
"Do I need to do anything further?"
*** Yes!! Get them to confirm their acceptance of the incorrect employee in WRITING and to send you a copy of their release to the court.

If you don't get that to confirm that they are 'noticed' by you of the incorrect party, they can file a notice with the court (due to your failure to respond) and the court could transfer the liability for the FULL judgment to you or the company (if incorporated).

Read the papers you got with the notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential