• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Income Tax Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crager34

Can anyone here show what section, in the IRS Code that imposes this liability? This would be for protected individuals, not priviledged.

L

lawrat

D

David J. Miller

This guy has been plugging a particular site that claims among other things that income tax is not required under our constitution. I think he's challenging someone to actually quote a law that requires payment of income tax.

While I'm intrigued by this, it sounds like a bunch of b.s. If this guys for real and what he claims is real, I challenge him to send me the booklet for free. If it is what he says it is, I'll purchase the booklet and become the companies best salesman.

Take the challenge by e-mailing me: [email protected].

HomeGuru

David, let me know the name of the prime/lead organization. I have 2 huge 3 ring binders on this subject with respect to various reasons why there is no tax liability.
I also have the list from FBI naming the various tax protestor/tax avoidance groups in various States.

crager34

Actually...

I admit it, I did plug a friend of mine's business, but that was in a post concerning credit. I also stated right there, that it was a plug that; In the words of the IRS "shall" be looked at. BTW - The supreme court has ruled that the word "shall" has the same meaning as the word "may". Of course this was in referrence to law.

And my post here was a trick question. My hope was to get a discourse going on just what the law states in regards to who is and who isn't liable to pay income tax. I am not trying to enter into a boxing match of any kind....I just want to keep it friendly.

Trick question, cause there isn't a statute, code section, or otherwise in the IRS code that emphatically states that I, or most of you out there are liable to pay income tax. There are plenty of books out there, but the best one is the actual IRS code, or U.S. Code if you will. I am not selling anything, other than the idea that what most of us have been told, just might be different than what is actually written.

N

nuyuky

Please check out supremelaw.com. They have some interesting information.

D

David J. Miller

H.G. It's http://www.dueprocess.org.

I must say I'm all for keeping a little more of my sometimes hard-earned and sometimes not so hard-earned money. However, where would this country be if everyone decided not to pay icnome tax? Can you say "economic melt-down." Suddenly all that money you've been trying to hang on to becomes more worthless than the paper it's written on. Hopefully you have accumulated lot's of stuff because you'll need it to bargain with.

What do you think about all this H.G.?

HomeGuru

I'm not impressed and I do not respond to trick questions as the writer so honestly admitted to doing. There are better and less risky ways to avoid paying income taxes.

crager34

I understand....

My appologies for offending. As I said earlier, I was only trying to open a discussion...not an argument. Just two more things: 1. Mr. Miller, I wasn't trying to sell anything. I freely give the information that I have, which is a matter of public record, based on law. 2. HomeGuru, impressed or not, I follow the laws which apply to me. I do not avoid the law. By your words, the fact that you did not respond to my original post, tells me you understood it and are a learned man.

D

David J. Miller

O.K.

Personally I don't care if you plug a site for profit or not for profit. My original response was merely intended to advise lawrat as to the reason for your question. My opinion has less to do with your plug than it does with what you are plugging.

Now my nose is plugged.

L

lawrat

Gentlemen,

My take, regardless of law or not: we pay taxes for a reason. The expenditures may not seem obvious to us, but I betcha we would miss a lot of the programs our tax dollars bring us if we did look.

crager34

The Gracie Commision

In 1985 (I believe) then President Regan established a Commision to find out what the US Government could do to cut spending. One of their statements was that "not one nickle" of American Income Tax Dollars paid goes for government spending. It goes to pay off the interest of the national debt. Where does this debt come from when our government makes the money? They borrow it from the Federal Reserve Bank. Where does the FED get their money? They buy it, for pennies on the dollar from the US Government. Our Government then borrows it, at face value, for government spending. The interest on that "loan" is paid for by the American Public. Our Federal/State/Local governments are well funded by the "other" taxes we pay: Such as Sales/Gas/Import/Export, and the 80 to 100 or so other taxes listed in the IRS Code Book.

Wasn't it Galileo that was imprisioned for his teachings about the Earth being round?

D

David J. Miller

Crager, how much money have you paid in income tax this year?

HomeGuru

crager34,
remember this post? You may have been tricking or opening a discussion back then but now you have gone too far. Now you are getting beligerant and argumentative.

[Edited by HomeGuru on 02-15-2001 at 05:14 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">