• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

income verification for OIC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NHfather

What is the name of your state? NEW HAMPSHIRE
I'm on SSDI and receive 3 checks a month 1 for me and 1 each for my 2 dependent children. (also have a 4th (child support) check sent to my son who lives with my ex) my question is do i have to include the childrens income to the IRS for the OIC or just the income I receive? I ask this because when filing tax returns i do not have to include the childrens 1099 just mine and was hoping to do the same with the OIC. But and there's always a but they specificlly asked for all income contributing to household exspenses. would there checks be considered contributing income to the household even thou there not figured into my taxable income?
I have to reply by 06/01/06

thanks
marty

Last edited:

LdiJ

NHfather said:
What is the name of your state? NEW HAMPSHIRE
I'm on SSDI and receive 3 checks a month 1 for me and 1 each for my 2 dependent children. (also have a 4th (child support) check sent to my son who lives with my ex) my question is do i have to include the childrens income to the IRS for the OIC or just the income I receive? I ask this because when filing tax returns i do not have to include the childrens 1099 just mine and was hoping to do the same with the OIC. But and there's always a but they specificlly asked for all income contributing to household exspenses. would there checks be considered contributing income to the household even thou there not figured into my taxable income?
I have to reply by 06/01/06

thanks
marty
I would recommend including the information on your OIC application.....but emphasizing that it is support for the children. It would be foolish to leave it off, because its reported to the IRS...they already know that you are receiving the income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">