• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

income verification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annanaya

What is the name of your state?CA
Is there a way I can get my ex's wages verified. We just went to court and child support was set, but he claimed he was only making a high amount because of the season. He works for Direct tv. The judge said she will bring us back in February, to determine if his wages will remain the same. I know he will work as least as can. But the funny thing is, he said without the overtime he will only make 600 a month. That is not even minimum wage.He made 3600 a month for the last 3 months. I know he is going to try everything and anything to lower his child support. I just would like to know how much he is really making an hour. any suggestions?

eyemback

annanaya said:
What is the name of your state?CA
Is there a way I can get my ex's wages verified. We just went to court and child support was set, but he claimed he was only making a high amount because of the season. He works for Direct tv. The judge said she will bring us back in February, to determine if his wages will remain the same. I know he will work as least as can. But the funny thing is, he said without the overtime he will only make 600 a month. That is not even minimum wage.He made 3600 a month for the last 3 months. I know he is going to try everything and anything to lower his child support. I just would like to know how much he is really making an hour. any suggestions?
Well it is summer, so they might have a spike in installations at this time. Do you know if he's an independant contractor and gets paid per install? DirectTV and DISH Network contract the installs out to local installers. I have DISH and I know the people who install get paid per install. The company he works for *might* only pay minimum wage -- plus is he considered full-time or part-time?

tigger22472

To answer the actual question, the only way 'you' can find out what he is making is through a court order for him to show. His employer is not obligated, nor are they legally allowed to give you any information about his activity at their company.

nhinson

last 2 years of tax returns...

tigger22472 said:
To answer the actual question, the only way 'you' can find out what he is making is through a court order for him to show. His employer is not obligated, nor are they legally allowed to give you any information about his activity at their company.
Tell the judge you want his last 2 years of tax returns. Of course you will have to produce yours too. A judge will consider his ability to pay based on his tax returns.

B

betterthanher

nhinson said:
Tell the judge you want his last 2 years of tax returns. Of course you will have to produce yours too. A judge will consider his ability to pay based on his tax returns.
Either a lawyer would have to do this or if you're going pro se, you will have to file the appropriate paperwork to request these documents. Not only that, what you suggested is already standard protocol (usually past 3 years & previous 6 mos. of paystubs), so your advice wasn't helpful at all.

tigger22472 said:
My husband just discovered his ex's employer income from hire to year to date. He did it through subpoena from county clerks office. Did it himself. Requested the signed, stamped subpoena form and filled it out sent it to her employer and the information just arrived in today's mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">