• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incompetent state appointed lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

h280q6m

what procedure must you go through to petition the judge for another lawyer if you feel lawyer representing you is not doing anything to help you. Also if you are charged with felony assault and would like a trial but your attorney is always trying to get you to plea but you don't want to plea to something you feel should of been self defense and I only got charged in the first place because I did not elect to call the police and press charges on the other person who started the fight, but that person did 4-5 hours later. Then the charge gets dropped down to a misdeameanor and will now be handled in front of a judge who will make the decision as to my innocent or guilt.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by h280q6m:
what procedure must you go through to petition the judge for another lawyer if you feel lawyer representing you is not doing anything to help you. Also if you are charged with felony assault and would like a trial but your attorney is always trying to get you to plea but you don't want to plea to something you feel should of been self defense and I only got charged in the first place because I did not elect to call the police and press charges on the other person who started the fight, but that person did 4-5 hours later. Then the charge gets dropped down to a misdeameanor and will now be handled in front of a judge who will make the decision as to my innocent or guilt. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep telling your attorney that you want another attorney. If you are in court ask the judge if you can speak, then tell it to the judge. You are entitled to good acceptable legal representation from a public defender.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">