• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorporated but not yet commenced business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

darlads

What is the name of your state? virginia

I incorporated last year. Because of certain situations I have yet to commence business. Really, nothing has been done. This is a stock-corporation. My question is:

Annual fees/reports are coming up due. The problem is not the annual fee but rather the reporting. I am pushing to start business by next year. Basically the individual who was handling all the corporation bylaws, procedures, etc. is no longer a part of this. I have no idea at the present where to start.

Should I terminate the corporation? If so, can I incorporate under the same name later?

What information does annual reports contain?

L

loku

You know what it took in time and money to incorporate. It is probably best not to have to go through that again. The following link will take you to the Annual Corporation Requirements & Fee Schedule of the Virginia Corporations Commission, where you can find the annual requirements and download the forms to fill in: http://www.state.va.us/scc/division/clk/fee_annual.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">