• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect deductions reworded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Suehelp2005

What is the name of your state?NY

My employer only sent out memos stating how much the company contributes per employee per month. Then he tells you the new yearly rates for employees, however, we never had to sign off on anything. Can he request the funds back if the deductions were incorrectly taken out and I no longer work there? I'm willing to pay any monies owed. However, wants to put in a criminal complaint.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Just to make it clear, what kind of deductions are we talking about here? Health insurance? Disabilty? Union dues? Taxes?

Beth3

However, wants to put in a criminal complaint. Your former employer wants to lodge a criminal complaint against you because HE instituted an inaccurate payroll deduction for some benefit? Puhleeze. :rolleyes: If he tries to follow through, he's going to give the local police their laugh for the week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">