• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect deductions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Suehelp2005

What is the name of your state? NY

Just want to clarify as long as the employer notify the employees that the employer only pays certain dollar amount the employer can recoup the money from the employee. Also, is this a civil case or a criminal complaint.

Beth3

Sue, it will be far less confusing for responders if you keep all your posts in the same thread rather than starting new ones. All you need to do is to open up your original post, click on "post rely" on the bottom.

Just want to clarify as long as the employer notify the employees that the employer only pays certain dollar amount the employer can recoup the money from the employee. Maybe. It depends on whether the State has a law that prevents the employer from holding the employee liable if the employer makes a clerical/administrative mistake. My State has such a regulation. Generally speaking though, yes, the employer may require the employer to repay the difference if the employee signed up for medical insurance and due to an honest mistake the employee's appropriate share of the premium was not withheld.

Also, is this a civil case or a criminal complaint. I think I already commented on that in another post of yours. This is most certainly not a criminal matter. The employee didn't attempt to defraud anyone.
I suppose the employer could file suit against the employee if he or she refused to repay the premiums to the employer that were actually due.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">