• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incorrectly billed medical expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Aili Armas

several years ago i underwent a pregnency related procedure in michigan which the hospital billed to the wrong insurance company without my knowledge. now they want me to pay the 3000 dollar bill. if they had billed it to my insurance company at the time it would have been paid for in full. i provided them with the correct insurance information at the time of the procedure and i feel that they made the mistake in collecting payment. am i liable for this debt?:confused:

D

don62

send the hospital a letter stating for them to bill the correct insurance you had in force at the time. If you can, provide them with the copy of the card, policy number, dates of service, etc and let them know they are responsible for the bill. Pay any deductible, co-pay you are responsible for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">