• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

increased drunk driving charges...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hippychick67

i live in lenawee county, michigan. on 11-13-00 my boyfriend got arrested for drunk driving just before he was to turn into our driveway. (i was not with him, i was home) he blew a .24. the officer let me take his car up the drive but only after he checked for priors so he could take the plate if necessary. he didn't need to confiscate it so i took the car. it was app. 2:47-3 am. he wasn't let out until 3 that afternoon. anyway, he got a call from a woman at the courthouse to change his initial appt. as they hadn't recieved his paperwork from the state police. when he did go to court (expecting the first time drunk driving thing) he was informed he was being charged with a 3rd offense...felony. he did tell the officers at the time of the incident that he had had a previous drunk driving in 93(i believe). now, he also got an open intox ticket that night, which may have been his 3rd. to top it all off he also has 5 m.i.p charges from his younger days. could any of this add up to a 3rd charge that doesn't exist?

[Edited by hippychick67 on 12-13-2000 at 12:31 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">