• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Increasing to the guideline amount

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri, but case is in California

Hi, this is my first post

My ex and I have two children together (11 and 13) we had 50/50 custody and for some reason he took be to court and I ended up with 82% and he got what he wanted visitation 18% (summer vacation and alternating major holidays) which was basically what we had anyway, the kids remained with me during the school year. After the court I sought child support, I was awarded $949.00 a month and also three months of retroactive. My ex called me after the court date and told me he was going to lose his truck, knowing that our children require weekly allergy injections I settled for $800.00 a month (he wanted me to take $600.00) and the retroactive to be paid in payments of $62.37 for 24 months. When all papers were filled out and filed, he all of a sudden had money to burn.... nope he didn't lose his truck, he was also able to buy a laptop and $300.00 cell phone, he also some how had the money to rebuild his motorcycle engine. I feel once again I felt bad for him and once again he took advantage of that. How do I go about asking for the guideline amount awarded to me by the courts? Do I need an attorney? What forms do I feel out? When I do receive the guideline amount how do I file the FL-195 form to have the support taken out directly from his check? If we do go back to court for this can I ask him to seek a different attorney due to "conflict of interest" he was friends with his attorney before the case and now has dinner with him and our children and DOES discuss the case infront of them, the attorney also gives our children gifts. I feel he is not just legally involved, but now personally also. Thank you for listening and any information will be greatly appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential