• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Contractor or What?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ShannaC

What is the name of your state?I am in Nevada and had helped my Dad at a trade show in which I gained a great contact to distribute my Dads product.My Dad belongs to a trio-partnership (will call them the "musketeers")Following the show I had spent a month trying to get a package including prices together with not much help from the "musketeers" It was becoming very clear why they had not sold a unit in over 3 years. With the musketeers it was impossible for them to agree,even on what year this is. I found myself struggling to get the information I needed and found that I'm better off to contract out the manufacturing of the product and supplying my contact through my own company (as an independent contractor). My fathers partnership had been talking of dissolution if my comission wasn't given to a different salesperson since he was the only salesperson with a signed contract for sales. Mine was verbal. I know my Dad will stand behind it but if he's not the majority to decide the fate of the commision when I've done all the work, I'm screwed.. It has been said by one of the musketeers(not my Dad) that, "she was just a wall flower to help bring buyers into the booth and that she had no other purpose and that she is certainly not a salesperson since she didn't have a signed contract. Is it wrong for me to supply this contact with the product since I can have it produced elsewhere with less drama?I would think as an Independent Contractor I have an obligation to supply my customer with product. Do I have an obligation to the musketeers? (I do have my fathers blessing to go and conduct business on my own since there had been so much drama with the musketeers.) Can my father be sued by the partnership? Thanx!! In advance for your reply :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">