• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Medical Opinion / Nexus Letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JOTB89

What is the name of your state? Oregon
I served in the military from 1989 to 1993.
My goal: is to get my right knee connected to the (VA) Veterans Affairs.
I injured my left knee while in the military.
In 2005 I had surgery on my left knee. Now it is practically bone on bone. However, during the last twenty plus years after getting out of the service I have favored my left and have been overcompensating with my right leg/knee. Now my right knee has degenerated and I've developed a meniscus tear.
Within the last year I was able to get my left knee connected.
I attempted to get my right knee connected through the VA, however, it was my mistake that I did not obtain an independent medical opinion and a nexus letter from a doctor.
My question is; are there doctors in Oregon or Idaho (I live close to the idaho border) who does independent medical exams and/or review medical records and provide independent medical opinions and nexus letters and more importantly know what type of language the VA is looking for in this reports? I know there are companies and people out there who are willing to help for a large amount of money and based on the BBB (Better Business Bureau), most of them are scams. Any help or even pointing me in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
First: Thank you for your service.

I believe that you are going to have great difficulty connecting the problem with your right knee to the problem with your left knee. I do admit, however, that I am not a doctor. Furthermore, this is a legal board and also this is not a referral board. I suggest that you start doing web searches with your favorite internet search engine. Perhaps with all of the terms "Oregon ime nexus va"... Best of luck to you.

JOTB89

I apologize. I don't want to waist anyone's time. I'l delete my post and remove myself from this forum soon. Thank you for responding.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I apologize. I don't want to waist anyone's time. I'l delete my post and remove myself from this forum soon. Thank you for responding.
Please don't feel that you wasted anybody's time. It's just that this is a legal forum, so it's not the best place to get the answers you're looking for. Having said that, I also ask that you not delete this thread, because we have members from a wide range of backgrounds, so it's possible that someone may have some more advice for you.

xylene

I'm going to suggest that you will need to visit a large and cosmopolitan city such as Seattle or Portland or Salt Lake City to secure a sound medical Nexus letter that will be accepted given your previous denial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">