• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana Unclaimed Money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mralph

I own a business in Indianapolis, Indiana. I recently found out that I have $2300.00 listed on "Indiana Unclaimed Property". I filed a claim on the Indiana Unclaimed website and they sent me a list of documentation needed to complete the claim. I have all the documentation except for a court order. They are stating that I must have a court order against the Indiana Treasury Dept to complete the claim. So my question is, how do I get a court order against the Indiana Treasury Dept.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the funds weren't disbursed to you, that likely means that the title company never received an authorization for the release of the funds. This might happen if an escrow was set up as a way to ensure that you performed some promise. You probably need to have a court order ordering the funds to be disbursed to you from the escrow account before you can claim them from the state. I would suggest that you pull out all of your paperwork from the sale and figure out what the $2,300 was for.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I sold a commercial building about 5 years ago. I assume it is from that transaction but not positive. It states that it is from an escrow account at a title company.
Maybe you should also speak with the attorney who handled the real estate transaction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">