• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

indicted does someone have to go to trial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Forevr

What is the name of your state? Texas

If indicted does someone have to go to trial?
Trying to help a young man in jail get some questions answered. He was arrested 11/28/17 for MANUFACTURE OR DELIVER CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE 4 GRAMS OR MORE BUT LESS THAN 200 GRAMS. They did not test the substance at the scene of arrest, but they did send it to a lab for testing and it was found negative for drugs. His question is, Do he have to go to trial for what he was indicted for if the substance turned up clean? As an attorney what would you file to close this case and get his release?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Just because he was indicted does not mean he ends up going to trial. Indeed, most cases are resolved without ever going to trial. I cannot tell you what motions to file or what other actions to take here because I dont have all the facts of the case nor I have I reviewed the entire court history. He should have an attorney. If he could not afford one then he should already have a court appointed lawyer. His lawyer would be in the best position to determine what to do next. Note that if he does have an attorney the court will not accept motions he files himself until that attorney is discharged. If he does not have a lawyer, he needs to get one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">