• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indicted when someone else claimed responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kygirl

My step-son was indicted for several charges in Ky. They are:possession of meth in 1st degree, Possession of controlled substance in 2nd degree, Schedule II, non-narcotic,2nd offense, Possession of marijuana, Possession of drug paraphernalia, 2nd offense. Him and his wife are separated & they had a home security system in their home which was activated & the police were called. Upon the police arrival they entered the home,(noone was home) and found seeds of marijuana and baggies with residue. She has admitted that these things were hers but they are still trying to prosicute him. Can they both be convicted of the crime if she is admitting to this stuff being hers?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

well, see, possibly, because it was in their home. If he had knowledge of those substances being there, and he has had previous convictions, then quite possibly yes.

YOu neeed a criminal defense attorney separate from the wife's attorney to hopefully argue this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">