• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indictment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmh2383

Texas:

My boyfriend was on parole and got arrested in June for a misdemeanor the bonded out.
Then in July he got arrested again for a felony and bonded out (different county) in August he was picked up in another county on parole violation, (no new charges) he’s just been sitting there since August 14th. I’ve called all counties. Finally today the misdemeanor shows a fta w/$5000 bond set. I called to see if they will be picking him up. They don’t know. My question is, he’s trying to get everything taken care of and not let the felony go into indictment. It’s been 101 days since that arrest. What can we do so he isn’t inducted, but instead pleads or signs for time. We do not want it to go into indictment. Thanks for the help.

quincy

Texas:

My boyfriend was on parole and got arrested in June for a misdemeanor the bonded out.
Then in July he got arrested again for a felony and bonded out (different county) in August he was picked up in another county on parole violation, (no new charges) he’s just been sitting there since August 14th. I’ve called all counties. Finally today the misdemeanor shows a fta w/$5000 bond set. I called to see if they will be picking him up. They don’t know. My question is, he’s trying to get everything taken care of and not let the felony go into indictment. It’s been 101 days since that arrest. What can we do so he isn’t inducted, but instead pleads or signs for time. We do not want it to go into indictment. Thanks for the help.
It appears that your boyfriend is going to go back to prison regardless of what he and you do or do not want. He did not take his parole conditions as seriously as he needed to.

What your boyfriend desperately needs is a good criminal defense attorney. This attorney will see what he can do to help your boyfriend with the new charges and the parole violation once the attorney has had the opportunity to personally review your boyfriend's criminal history and the facts of his latest arrests.

Good luck.

Mmh2383

It appears that your boyfriend is going to go back to prison regardless of what he and you do or do not want. He did not take his parole conditions as seriously as he needed to.

What your boyfriend desperately needs is a good criminal defense attorney. This attorney will see what he can do to help your boyfriend with the new charges and the parole violation once the attorney has had the opportunity to personally review your boyfriend's criminal history and the facts of his latest arrests.

Good luck.
We kind of figured that. However, we were told if he could sign a plea before he gets indicted, it would be less time which is why I’m asking and trying to figure out what to do. We don’t have the money to hire an attorney, hence why I’m here asking.

Reactions: RJR

justalayman

How can he sign a plea to a charge that has not been filed yet?

And never forget: if you cannot afford an attorney (per the involved courts rules), one will be appointed to you

quincy

We kind of figured that. However, we were told if he could sign a plea before he gets indicted, it would be less time which is why I’m asking and trying to figure out what to do. We don’t have the money to hire an attorney, hence why I’m here asking.
Who told you that if your boyfriend would "sign a plea before he gets indicted it would be less time?"

Certainly if your boyfriend confesses to crimes, it saves the police and prosecutor time. I am not sure it benefits your boyfriend.

Once he is charged, a plea agreement of some sort potentially could reduce his time.

Your boyfriend needs an attorney. As justalayman said, one will be appointed by the court if he cannot afford to pay for a private attorney.

quincy

Your boyfriend really needs a good criminal defense attorney if he hopes to have any chance at all of preventing a parole revocation and a return to prison on less favorable terms than he had when he left.

I suggest you prepare for spending a lot of time without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">