• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ineffective Assistance of Counsel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bay

I have to file a motion (?) in reference to Colorado Rule 35C - Ineffective Assistance of Counsel now that my appeal has been denied. Can anyone give me any idea how to do this, what form it should be in or where to look to find additional information on the subject?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

May I ask why would you want to do this on your own? I think, before you start asking what forms to fill out, you should seek another attorney. If you cannot afford one, contact your local legal aid foundation and ask for a criminal defense attorney. At that, they should be able to help you themselves or refer you to someone who can see if you have a case of ineffective assistance of counsel. They then will be able to help you get the proper procedures completed.

Hope this helps.

B

Bay

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawrat:
I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

May I ask why would you want to do this on your own? I think, before you start asking what forms to fill out, you should seek another attorney. If you cannot afford one, contact your local legal aid foundation and ask for a criminal defense attorney. At that, they should be able to help you themselves or refer you to someone who can see if you have a case of ineffective assistance of counsel. They then will be able to help you get the proper procedures completed.

Hope this helps.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am uncertain as to what the procedure is to do this...how do I begin?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bay:

I am uncertain as to what the procedure is to do this...how do I begin?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Using your telephone, contact your State's Bar Association. When you make contact with them, ask for a referal to a criminal attorney with experience in appellate practice. If, after your consultation with such attorney, and you cannot afford their services, you can inquire of that attorney for the phone number of your local Legal Aide office.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">