• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

info for loving wife and others with question about travel expenses.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Senior Member
What is the name of your state? CA

LW, you had asked me a while ago about the travel thing and after I searched for it I found out that OK still has jurisdiction in the custody case for hubby so the law I cited to you was OK. BUT I did go to this site http://www.lawyersinarizona.com/mccvg.htm and I found the following:

b) "With respect to transportation, these guidelines assume and require, unless otherwise indicated, that the secondary parent shall arrange and pay for the minor child's travel at the beginning of the visitation period and the primary parent shall arrange and pay for the travel of the minor child at the conclusion of the visitation period. The guidelines also assume that the time needed for travel in connection with visitation is included in the periods allocated for visitation."

Not sure if that helps and if OR has jurisdiction this doesn't mean anything then.


Senior Member
are you trying to tell me something, ry?

thanks so much for the info-and the time and effort to find it-
CA has jurisdiction so I don't think this applies-
thanks again:D


Senior Member
Well if CA has jurisdiction then this does apply because this is CA law, not Oklahoma, guess I didn't make that very clear, sorry!


Senior Member
I dunno! Then I got to looking at the site closer and it is Arizona lawyers who practice in CA so I don't know if that law applies everywhere or not!

But here is more on CA law, yes I am sure it is CA law this time!

"Child support covers only ordinary living expenses for a child. It does not include childcare, medical bills not paid by insurance, travel expenses for visitation with noncustodial parent or a child's special education needs. Parents must specifically ask the judge to include these additional expenses in the child support order. If they do not, the costs may be divided so each parent pays 50 percent. "


Why can't IAAL answer this question? Dang him...he is probably sitting back laughing at me trying to rack my poor little brain for you!

Your hubby may want to contact this place and see if they know for sure...he really should ask them about child abandonment also!

also here are forms for CA court filings

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential