• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

info on health insurance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meskate

What is the name of your state? ohio. is there any way to find out if there has been any complaints about a specific insurance company? we had a health insurance comp. called Mega Life and Health that we had started in march this year. we had a representative come out and talk to us about it and it sounded like a good insurance plan. you would have your usuall deductibles and copays and all. typical insurance. anyway when we had them every claim that we would send in would be denied for some reason or another such as its not covered under your physician plan, not eligible in your certificate, radiology not covered, physicals immunizations not covered. excuses for everything. the representative made the insurance sound great that everything would be covered. i had a surgery that came up to about 15,000 dollars and none of it was covered. i tell ya if i had the time and money i would hire a lawyer just so they could check into this company. would any one have any idea where i could look to see if there has been any complaints about this insurance company? thanks, Sheri.

C

CIAA

Dear Sheri,

Your problem underscores the importance of reading and understanding all benefits, limitations and exclusions in the policy. If you are unsure about what it says or means you should ask the company/agent, another insurance agent, an insurance consultant or someone knowledgable. If you feel your claims were wrongly denied you can file a complaint with your state department of insurance. If you need additional help or you are unsure, please give us a call at 1-800-709-CIAA (2422) and we can discuss some particulars.

Each state department of insurance maintains a complaint log. You should be able to call the Ohio Department of Insurance to find out about a company's complaints. Some states allow access to raw numbers through use of the Web.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">