• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

info on ticket incorrect??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jay

What if there is wrong information on a speeding ticket?? The officer who pulled me over wrote out a ticket for the previous day.... charged with that offense, aren't I not guilty since they are accusing me of doing it the day before??

M

Melissa McCaw

I learned the hard way that goes more to the officer's credibilty and competence than anything else. I'd gotten a ticket in Syracuse for an offense the day before, but when we got to court (I plead not guilty) the cop said I was ticketed the right day and he made a mistake on the day on the ticket and also on my ID number and part of my name, but I was speeding 10 miles above the limit. I lost -- maybe a lllawyer could ahve helped me, but it cost more for the lawyer than the ticket (until I got hit with higher auto insurance big time when I bought a new car).

S

SLEEPLESS

WELL JAY,
YES YOU CAN PLEAD NOT GUILTY, BECAUSE ON THE DAY IN QUESTION YOU WERE NOT SPEEDING, THEREFORE YOU ARE BEING HONEST, LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS ARE HUMAN BUT HAVE TO BE MORE CAREFUL,WHEN THEY ARE ISSUING SUMMONS. JUST PROVE YOUR WHEREABOUTS ON THE DAY THE SUMMONS WAS ISSUED., AND DRIVE MORE CAREFULLY NEXT TIME GOOD LUCK

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">