• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Info regarding the President's executive order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nationwide

I am involved with several groups of attorneys who have been taking point at airports nationwide and I wanted to share some of the information here.

Green card holders SHOULD be able to get back in the country due to the stay put on by the federal courts. HOWEVER, if they come through Dulles, the feds there are ignoring the order. In fact, they are trying to coerce green card holders into voluntary relinquishing their green cards. Dulles is also not allowing any of the detainees speak to an attorney.

Boston Logan airport is letting green card holders through regardless of from where they flew in, per attorneys in that area. The problem is whether the other side will let them board. If you need have a family member trying to get home there are several attorneys that can be contacted including the ACLU. Start there. I don't want to list names because this is not an advertising site. I don't normally do immigration law but looks like I will be learning if this bs keeps going.

SeaTac has ticked off the Washington governor with their behavior and he is also completely ticked at the President.

There are also reports coming in from some attorneys (specifically again Dulles) that the feds there state that federal court orders are not binding upon them because they aren't bound by US law as they are working the border. Consider that for a moment.

I will post updates on things as I learn them.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess

I am involved with several groups of attorneys who have been taking point at airports nationwide and I wanted to share some of the information here.

Green card holders SHOULD be able to get back in the country due to the stay put on by the federal courts. HOWEVER, if they come through Dulles, the feds there are ignoring the order. In fact, they are trying to coerce green card holders into voluntary relinquishing their green cards. Dulles is also not allowing any of the detainees speak to an attorney.

Boston Logan airport is letting green card holders through regardless of from where they flew in, per attorneys in that area. The problem is whether the other side will let them board. If you need have a family member trying to get home there are several attorneys that can be contacted including the ACLU. Start there. I don't want to list names because this is not an advertising site. I don't normally do immigration law but looks like I will be learning if this bs keeps going.

SeaTac has ticked off the Washington governor with their behavior and he is also completely ticked at the President.

There are also reports coming in from some attorneys (specifically again Dulles) that the feds there state that federal court orders are not binding upon them because they aren't bound by US law as they are working the border. Consider that for a moment.

Thank you.

Again, thank you.

Just Blue

This EO sickens me...as I'm sure it does any American that values our country.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Washington State AG Bob Ferguson has just filed a lawsuit against Trump regarding this executive order.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/washington-state-sues-trump-over-immigration-order/ar-AAmpZNU?li=BBnb7Kz

quincy

I am involved with several groups of attorneys who have been taking point at airports nationwide and I wanted to share some of the information here ...
Thank you for offering your services, Ohiogal.

There are (mostly immigration) attorneys who are camping out at Metro Airport in Detroit to assist where needed, as well.

Michigan is home to one of the largest (if not the largest) concentration of Arab Americans in the US. There are many Michiganders with family members trapped overseas as a result of the travel ban.

I shake my head at the insanity of it all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">