• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information on getting permanent gardianship of 14yr old niece.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Kansas

My 14 yr.old niece lives in Arkansas. She visits my husband and I almost every summer. She spends time with us to get away from her mom and step dad. They are both unfit parents. Step dad is on drugs, and comes home drunk. There are several warrants for his arrest there in Arkansas, but they won't do anything to him. My sister has two other boys much younger. She gives them full attention, but when it comes to my niece she does nothing for her. She does poorly in school simply cause they do not take the time out to show her how to do things the right way. They yell, holler, at her "horrible" names. She does not want to go back to her mom for the school year. She cries all the time cause she knows what will go on down there. I know the kids are abused, but as the law tells me each time, "we have to have proff". So when I was told that, I simply asked, " So you are telling me that a kid must be beaten to death for proof"? What more proof do they need that the kid telling them this themselves. I need to know what action I can take on this end to try and gain some kinda guardianship of my niece. Thanks!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential