• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

information on Hostile work environment/ false dismisal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KSRK 1984

Hello.
Recently after 1 week, I was removed from a new position. as said by human resources "We see things differently" The area that I worked in was not the one I applied for: and was not a friendly environment. when the director was around, the lead was nice to me, when she was gone, I was constantly being told I wasn't doing a good job, and being called into the office. is this a hostile work environment? Also in the reason for leaving form they provided, they listed reasons, that are quite frankly untrue, I called them out on it, and asked that they revise the form with only the information they had proof of, and not list anything that was considered "hearsay" they will not revise it, nor will they provide actual proof that I did the things listed. is there any recourse for this?

Just Blue

Hello.
Recently after 1 week, I was removed from a new position. as said by human resources "We see things differently" The area that I worked in was not the one I applied for: and was not a friendly environment. when the director was around, the lead was nice to me, when she was gone, I was constantly being told I wasn't doing a good job, and being called into the office. is this a hostile work environment? Also in the reason for leaving form they provided, they listed reasons, that are quite frankly untrue, I called them out on it, and asked that they revise the form with only the information they had proof of, and not list anything that was considered "hearsay" they will not revise it, nor will they provide actual proof that I did the things listed. is there any recourse for this?
What state? This is required information.

zddoodah

is this a hostile work environment?
Not in any legal sense, unless the environment was a result of a protected characteristic like race, ethnicity, gender, religion, etc.

Also in the reason for leaving form they provided, they listed reasons, that are quite frankly untrue, I called them out on it, and asked that they revise the form with only the information they had proof of, and not list anything that was considered "hearsay" they will not revise it, nor will they provide actual proof that I did the things listed. is there any recourse for this?
What does "information they had proof of" mean? I don't know what you mean by "proof." In the law, "proof" is a quantum of evidence that is sufficient to convince the relevant person that something is or isn't true. Sometimes when folks use the word "proof" in a context like this, they are referring to incontrovertible physical evidence. Is that what you mean?

Second, what does "anything that was considered 'hearsay'" mean? Hearsay has a very specific meaning in the law, and I doubt you intended that. Sometimes, when folks use that word, they are referring to verbal accusations, but that's not what hearsay is.

Your former employer is free to put whatever information it wants on its internal forms, and you don't get to dictate what goes on such forms. More importantly, an employer is free to terminate an employer based on verbal accusations and is not required to have physical evidence support such accusations.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Iowa is an at-will state. You can be terminated for any reason that does not violate the law. Nothing you have posted suggests you were termed for a reason that violates the law.

commentator

As I have always said, people labor under the delusion they have so many rights and protections under the laws that they do not have. In fact, an employer can fire you for just about anything, anytime, as long as it is not an EEOC issue. You got let go quickly, file for benefits, and move on to another job. The mention that you were "wrongfully terminated" in any future job seeking activities could really work against you. Just let this one go.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">