• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agent917

Nevada is the State

I was wondering, can you quit and still get UI, if you quit for harassment reason? The harassment, was from being cursed at by a fellow employee and then receiving vulgar e-mails through my Facebook page, even going so low as regarding my wife and kids who are away from me, in another state and making work practically unbearable, with me not being able to pay attention to my job. I know it sounds like a whine fest on my part, but I just can't stand the harassment, toward's me is one thing but, my wife and little children!

eerelations

If the harassment is based specifically and directly on your race, gender, age (but only if you're over 40), religion and/or disability, and you have documented evidence that you reported this harassment as described above to your employer, and your employer has not stopped it, then there is a possibility that you might get UI if you quit. Otherwise, no.

pattytx

And, if it was as eerelations stated, you reported it to the employer and gave them a chance to correct it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">