• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ING 457(b) retirment plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mastergunns

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ma.
I am a city employee in MA. I was put in an ING 457(b) retirement plan. I am not making much on my investment, nor do I need this retirement plan. I am also retired military, receiving a pension. I want to disenroll from ING, take my money that is rightfully mine, re-invest etc. I am told I cannot disenroll unless I am terminated. I can not take out a loan, and I do not meet any of the guidelines for "unforeseen emergency withdrawal". How can I get my money? IT is rightfully mine. I cannot comprehend how the government has so much control over my money and I have none. HELP!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You've already been given the answer. Like all other pre-tax plans, once the money is in the plan, you cannot access it as long as you are still employed by that employer, barring qualifying hardships or loans. This is Federal law and is a provision of the pre-tax status of the plan.

If you do not qualify for a hardship withdrawal and a loan is not an issue, then the ONLY way you can access the money is to leave your employment. There IS no other answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">