• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inheritance on RealEstate ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luz

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tx.

My Best Friend inherited her moms and dads home, along with her son and her sister it was divided between them in thirds.My friend ,her son,and sister,
My friend has been divorced for many many yrs ,she has since remarried for about 18 yrs . Her mom and dad left a will and says in it that my friend is the executor of the will and if when it came time to sell they would split the sell of the house to all three. Well her son died about 9 yrs ago and her sister has a lawyer that she hired in her behalf and they were going through the legal process of trying to take her share without her knowing it. We found out when a investor sent a mail sending his regrets on our loss about her son now her son died 9 yrs ago . We decided to go to the court house and find out why they thought her son had just died . There was a docket # and they told us it was going thru probate .Her sister admitted she was trying to convince her to sign over her part. Her ex husband was never on the will but when her son died his share in the house should not have gone to his dad
only the mom because it was inherited to family,mom,grandson sister.wouldn't that be joint tennacy? Giving that there are still two living survivers,mom ,sister. Her husband was out of the picture long before her parents died and now he wants his sons share. The courts in tx gave his share to both his mom and dad, tell me if this is right when joint tennacy and a will was given to all above,why will her ex husband be getting or think he can have his part?

Thanks for your help.
luz :eek:

You answer your own question

with this

The courts in tx gave his share to both his mom and dad, tell me if this is right when joint tennacy and a will was given to all above,why will her ex husband be getting or think he can have his part?

So, why did the "court in tx" think he had a share?

luz

I really do not know how the court gave his share to dad. We didn't even know he had a share until she received a letter a letter from Home investor
telling us he would be interested in buying the home of her deceased son and apologizied for her loss even though he died yrs earlier. We went to courthouse and found out it was going through probate,and we also found that her son share of the house went to her and her ex. where it should of gone to her sister and herself because the house was inheritated to her and her sister and son.When her son died his share should have gone to remaining serviours on the will ,right?
LUZ
:cool:

Houston Tx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">