• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inheritance post Bankruptcy - confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadsam

What is the name of your state? Virginia
The question comes from reading the earlier post regarding family limited partnership and inheritance. I filed chapter 7, individual bankruptcy in May 05 and in waiting period now. My husband and I do not have wills (I am beneficiary in his life ins. policies), so I was able to state "No" for that in the bankruptcy petition. However, I do not know if my parents have a will and I am uncomfortable asking (I informed my lawyer of this and he said no problem). Like the earlier poster I thought after 6 months there should not be a problem and in fact my husband told me that he wanted to get our will done after the 180 days were up. Now I am confused and concerned regarding inheritance and bankruptcy.
I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Ladynred

If your lawyer told you 'no problem' under the current circumstances, then you should listen to him. Your situation and that of the other poster you spoke of are quite different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">