• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inheriting a shared interest in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Yes my mother is currently married to my father. He is 89 and is competent but not as sharp he was just 2 years ago. He asked that I go with him to see an attorney, but I am probably going to say as little as possible. The one thing I will say to the attorney. "Count on their being disagreements on how and when the land will be sold so please advise my father how to reduce that possibility. " I am not trying to get the upper hand. I just don't want to be business partners with my brother and sister any longer than I have to. I want to use the money to purchase property in the city I live in and keep the tradition alive by willing it to my only son when I die. I already have 2 houses, so I will be leaving my son more than I received.
You do realize that your mom has a property interest, right?

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/ES/htm/ES.102.htm

Why is your mother not accompanying your dad to the attorney?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">