• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



state is michigan

my father-in-law signed a settlement agreement with his neighbor about 15 years ago. the agreement said the neighbor could not do anything on his land to cause an increase in the flow of surface water across my father-in-law's land. recently the neighbor has begun digging ponds that are causing a great deal of water to flow across my father-in-law's property. the police said they can't do anything about it without an injunction. how do we get an injunction? why isn't the original settlement agreement enough?


Senior Member
rollerbladejb said:
state is michigan

why isn't the original settlement agreement enough?
My response:

Because some people don't want to keep to their word, that's why. For some people, you could waive an agreement in front of their face like a flag, and they'll still tell you to "go pound sand".

So, in order to enforce the agreement, if a "friendly" letter from an attorney won't work, then your father will have to sue the neighbor for Breach of Contract, Injunction, Damages and other Causes of Action.

See a Contracts attorney near where you live for a consultation.

Good luck.



Senior Member
Reminds me of that Saturday morning legal song on television.. "Injunction Junction.. what's its function"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential