• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured after plasma donation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Media

I donated plasma at a center in Orlando, Fl, it was my 10th time donating and they always allow you to leave immediately after unhooking you to the machine. When I got home about 40 minutes after donating I became lightheaded and fainted, falling on my knees and elbows, I ended up tearing my meniscus in my right knee. Do centers have insurance that would cover my medical costs? Or would I be able to file a suit for injury?

quincy

I don’t think you can adequately connect your injury to the plasma center to allow for recovery of your medical expenses.

You could speak to a personal injury attorney in your area to determine this better.

How much has your injury cost you?

Media

I don’t think you can adequately connect your injury to the plasma center to allow for recovery of your medical expenses.

You could speak to a personal injury attorney in your area to determine this better.

How much has your injury cost you?
I paid 75 for an x-ray
250 for an mri
And the surgery is going to cost me around 5000.

Neither I nor my family have the funds for this surgery as I was donating for extra money in the first place. I have filed an injury report with the center and they told me to call management for medical care but they never sounded like they would pay for my expenses.

quincy

I paid 75 for an x-ray
250 for an mri
And the surgery is going to cost me around 5000.

Neither I nor my family have the funds for this surgery as I was donating for extra money in the first place. I have filed an injury report with the center and they told me to call management for medical care but they never sounded like they would pay for my expenses.
You do not have health insurance?

You have done what you can do on your own. If the center refuses to pay your medical expenses (and I suspect they might), you can find an attorney in your area to discuss what to do next.

Media

You do not have health insurance?

You have done what you can do on your own. If the center refuses to pay your medical expenses (and I suspect they might), you can find an attorney in your area to discuss what to do next.
My deductible starts at 7,500 so it’s pretty useless
Are there attorneys that can give a free consultation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">