• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured at work and company will not cooperate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rick d

What is the name of your state?TX
I worked for a dealership as a sales and service manager for 5 years and on July 23,2004,the drain in the wash bay in service was backed up.I was walking through there and fell down and hurt my lower back and hit my head on the pavement.A technician helped me up and we both reported it to my boss immediately.He had me fill out a workers compensation form and said he would handle it.

Two days later,the G.M accused me of stealing fifteen thousand dollars on july 24 from a ladies desk in accounting.I was the closing mgr. the alleged night but it is highly suspicious that there was this amount of money in anyones desk instead of the safes.On top of that,there are cameras all over the dealership and I was no where near this.They did not have any evidence to this charge and I think they said that because I hurt my back.

I went to the doctor and have a ruptured disc in my back now and a couple of months ago,I got a letter from the TWCC which stated this dealership does not have workers compensation insurance.For 2 months they have been yanking me around now and I don't know what I can do.I do not have the money to pay for a surgery I now need or all of these neurologist visits.

I have been unable to work since then and it has wiped out my families savings account.In may my mom wrecked her car and the company I worked for at the time put her in a loaner car while the insurance companies sorted out the accident.2 weeks ago,my mom was at her credit union and a tag was out on the car the dealer loaned her.The officer called the dealership to verify it was a loaner car and was on hold for 2 hours.By the time any one got back on the phone,The manager who fired me showed up at the credit union and told the officers that it was a loaner car but he wanted my mom arrested because he claimed it was now stolen.The officers explained to him that as the vehicle was not reported stolen there is really nothing they can do as it was a loaner car and not reported stolen.

He then proceeded to tell the officers that I stole money from his company 8 months ago,was a drug dealer and had 5 of his companies cars in my possession to put "drug runners" in and if they would get a warrant for me,they would find his cars.This is all crazy as I have never done anything illegal or been arrested or even spent a single night in jail.

2 days ago the detective who asked me about stealing the money 8 months ago and was not even in the same city when the situation with my mom took place,called her and told her he was going to get a warrant for her arrest for having a stolen vehicle and told her to have me call him.

When I called him,he was very rude and said he thinks I am guilty because he wanted me to come in 8 months ago w/o an attorney and give a statement.At that time I called an attorney who advised me to tell him if he was going to charge me with a crime we would set up an appt. and he could speak with the attorney.

This manager has told alot of common associates that I stole from his company,I am a drug dealer,and I stole cars from his company.

Can I sue the company for wrongful termination,my injuries,slander or libel,
defamation of character for what they have done to me?

Also if they arrest my mom can I sue this city and the company for malicious prosecution?

I am just worn out and have tried to get them to cooperate with me but obviously on top of being injured,this guy is trying to get me put in jail for something I did not do.And when that didn't work,now he has the same detective threatening my mother who is disabled(she has M.S).

Please help

Frustrated and need assistance
Thank You very much

Beth3

You need to talk to an attorney NOW. It appears you need both a criminal defense attorney to represent you and your mother and a worker's compensation attorney. You need far more legal assistance than can be provided on a bulletin board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">