• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured in McDonald's restaurant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

harlequin

On Oct.13 I was having lunch with my boys at our local Mcdonald's. The table we sat at had new, highly varnished benches. While eating I went to shift my position in my seat and started sliding off the bench. I struggled with my hands trying to find something to stop my fall but instead ended up falling into the bench next to us and then onto the floor. I hit my ribcage and the other bench and then landed on my hit and back onto the floor.

I have no broken bones but the Dr. says there is a possible ruptured disc. I am in extreme pain and have been put on bedrest for 10 days. I am self employed and because of this injury I have lost a $1500 contract this week, had to reimburse a 50% deposit on a contract that was to start next week. My Dr. says that if there is no ruptured disc that I should be healed enough to work agian in a month to 6 weeks.

I am not interested in a lawsuit but do feel that McDonald's is responsible for my lost wages, medical bills and pain and suffering. Is there anyway to settled this without obtaining and attorney? Also is there anyway to do it quickly? I am the single mother of 2 boys and it isn't going to take long before I really start to feel the loss of income. I can't afford to be tied up for months on end in a lawsuit. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm at a loss for what to do.

Also, after the fall the manager said to me that "those seats can be slippery, you have to be careful." Would that statement help in proving negligence on their part?

[This message has been edited by harlequin (edited October 24, 2000).]

H

harlequin

Another thing. This McDonald's was located inside a Wal Mart store. When the accident happened the manager from Wal Mart was the first to the scene and assured me that they would take care of all medical bills. They are now saying they are not responsible. Does anyone know if I should file a claim with them also?

H

harlequin

Just bringing back to the top in hopes that someone will respond.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">