• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured while in jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sunni

Friends, returning home (MO) from a camping trip, stopped in AR to buy sodas. As soon as he got out of van, police detained him, said he'd been erratically driving. They searched him, and found nothing. They then went to passenger, and searched her. Again, they found nothing. However, along with their camp lantern and stove, they found fuel, and an air mattress and pump. (They said they saw it upon approaching the van, but the van has dark windows, and cannot be easily seen into). They both were arrested for attempting to manufacture metham.....?
even tho not a trace of the drug was found. While in jail, the female had to use the upper bunk in the cell. To get on it, she had to step on the toilet, and then on a towel rack. Attempting to get down, her foot slipped and she went face first into the toilet. One tooth was knocked out, and the rest are very loose and out of line. She also had gash in her shin, and broke a toe, along with various other bruises,etc. After trying to get someone to say she had been in a fight, they finally took her, bleeding profusely, handcuffed and shackled, to a hospital. When returned to her cell, she went back to her bunk, and was not even given clean clothes to wear. She slept in the bloody ones. The next day, she asked for a liquid diet, as she could not chew, and they brought her a gallon of juice, and that's all she got. She had been prescribed some pills for pain, and they would not give them to her, nor would they let her take her prescription for high blood pressure the entire time she was there. She is 50 years old. There is a lot more, but this is getting long, and I guess by now you see the problem. They also seized their van.
Someone, please tell me that she has a HUGE lawsuit, so I can try to help her. Her husband is a truck driver, and she has to try to do all this alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">