• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inlaws, disrespect and boundaries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Grovetuckyohio

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My wife's parents are disrespectful and do not follow the rules I have set down for my daughter. My wife refuses to speak up about it, so my in-laws ignore and disrespect me.

Now that we are getting a divorce, I am more concerned than ever.

I have witnessed grandma speaking poorly about ex-daughter in-law in front of her kids.

What can I do, if anything?

LdiJ

Grovetuckyohio said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

My wife's parents are disrespectful and do not follow the rules I have set down for my daughter. My wife refuses to speak up about it, so my in-laws ignore and disrespect me.

Now that we are getting a divorce, I am more concerned than ever.

I have witnessed grandma speaking poorly about ex-daughter in-law in front of her kids.

What can I do, if anything?
Honestly?...nothing. Your wife will be entitled to have the children around her family during her parenting time with the children. There is nothing that you can do about that.

You may also want to consider that your wife may not agree with the rules that "you" have set down for your daughter. That may be contributing to your divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">