• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inmate Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ajbryant2008

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Inmate Rights
I am currently at the XXX halfway house in Ohio. I m here for the Treatment Transfer program. I've been denied my right to attend church services. The regular Transitional Control inmates get to leave and go on passes and can attend any church of there liking. Since I'm a Treatment Transfer inmate I can't get any classes until my 10 week IOP class are completed. I asked what to do about attending my religious services and they said wait until your class is finished. I told them that since I'm still a Treatment Transfer inmate all OAC rules and regulations apply to me and they cannot deny my right for church. There response to that was that I can just go back to prison because they won't deny my religious services there. I feel yhey are definitely violating my Prisoners rights. Any information and help on this is greatly appreciated, I am considering getting an attorney for this I feel pretty much emotionally distressed over this and is just very aggrivating, church is my main stress reliever. Thank you for any and all in put in this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">