• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inquest Divorce New York City

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Adale123

What is the name of your state? New York

My divorce is recently final through an inquest trial because my spouse is missing and not in contact with anyone, including his attorneys. The court awarded me several assets through an order of receivership and I need to transfer these assets into my name. My question is about how to transfer these assets into my name when I am unable to get my spouse's signature. Please advise.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? New York

My divorce is recently final through an inquest trial because my spouse is missing and not in contact with anyone, including his attorneys. The court awarded me several assets through an order of receivership and I need to transfer these assets into my name. My question is about how to transfer these assets into my name when I am unable to get my spouse's signature. Please advise.
If memory serves me correctly I believe that the court order of receivership should allow you to transfer the assets to just your name. However, It would be wise to run the issue by a local attorney to be certain. You would want a real estate attorney if the assets are real estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">