• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ins. and pension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deere run

What is the name of your state?Iowa.
Employed in Nebraska. Ins. and Union pension not following rules as stated by ERSIA and other government programs. Pension keeps dating differently as when disability started, either union or ins. calls back, pension after 34 years at same work is stated at an amount that is different each time, which is less than calculated by us. (alot less, over 80%) Ins. sent about cobra coverage 1 day before ins. terminated through work. Union said they pay for half of coverage with cobra but now is renigging.(spelling) I have one year to live with my illness, and they are dragging this on and on. No income for over 6 months now, Social Security is pending. Anything I can do instead of really getting down and dirty and turning them in? I posted on another forum but no replies, so am trying this one.

Last edited:

Beth3

If you believe the union is violating the terms of the pension plan, you may contact the federal Department of Labor and file a complaint. Given the time limitations, you may wish to speak with an attorney to see if he or she can resolve this matter directly with the union or expedite the process with the DOL.

I'm truly sorry for your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">