• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ins Co & Drivers License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nannyk

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

If I have an out of state ins co trying to collect money from me for an accident that occured in my home, can they do anything to damage or revoke my driving privileges? The accident was in my home, no vehicle or driving was connected in any way whatsoever. I have not had a court judgment against me. My driving record is spotless. Can the Ins Co touch my license in any way?

ALawyer

The state department of motor vehicles issues -- and can suspend -- driver's licenses, NOT an insurance company. HOWEVER, if you engaged in conduct that could result in loss of a license and the insurance company knows of it, they could report it and if the state DMV acted, there could go your license.

Saying this, I can say the insurance company's conduct seems outrageous and to border on extortion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">