• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ins Denial Workmanship on New Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kcfilley

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? MO

A contractor applying EIFS (syn stucco) to my new home splattered EIFS onto clad windows and doors; railings, decorative concrete decks/patios; and tracked it onto my finished floor inside. I caught him cleaning the new baked-on enamel windows/doors with a knife and acid. Of course I made him stop. His liability carrier denied coverage calling it workmanship. My contract with him was for walls, deck ceilings and soffits. The ins company said cleaning his incredible mess was incidental to the contract and if he chose acid to clean with, that was a workmanship/business risk problem.

Any ideas? Thanks. KC.

ALawyer

His insurance company owes you nothing. BUT if his activities were negligent, or worse, and it looks as if they clearly were, HE owes you damages.

Let HIM go after his insurance company - you go after him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">